High School Learning
°Ä²ÊÍ¼¿â encourages students to love and value learning and to understand that learning is a lifelong process.
In accordance with our commitment to provide breadth and depth of educational excellence, °Ä²ÊÍ¼¿â offers students a wide range of subjects from Years 7 to 12 â€“ a range that would normally be expected in a very large school. We follow the NSW curriculum, determined by NESA (NSW Educational Standards Authority).
Hebrew is compulsory until the end of Year 7 and can be studied through to the HSC. Jewish Studies is experienced each year to the end of Year 11.
Other subjects in Years 7 â€“ 10 beyond the compulsory curriculum of English, Mathematics, Science, HSIE, Jewish Studies and PDHPE are:
- Geography Elective
- History Elective
- Photographic and Digital Media
- Physical Activity and Sports Studies
- Information and Software Technology
- Design and Technology
- Visual Arts
In Years 11 & 12 the following subjects are offered:
- English Advanced, Extension 1, Extension 2 and Standard
- Mathematics Advanced, Extension 1, Extension 2 and Standard
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Ancient History, Modern History, History Extension
- Business Studies, Economics, Geography, Legal Studies, Society and Culture, Studies of Religion
- French Continuers
- Modern Hebrew
- Music 1, Music 2 and MusicÂ Extension
- Software Design and Development
- Visual Arts
Further, there is the option for some students to undertake vocational courses outside the School, and other languages through the NSW School of Languages.
Links to all curricula can be found on the NESA websiteÂ